Blogging about content that addresses challenges, needs, and interests (like COVID-19) is an effective way to stand out online. And it only requires a small time and financial commitment.
Your blog will pay off long term, too. You create search engine optimization and build authority with web visitors. This content is also easy to share on your social media pages.
Here are thirteen effective blogging ideas you can use to stand out online and create a long-lasting library of helpful content for your visitors:
1. MORE CONTENT MEANS MORE PATIENTS
Each time you publish a new piece of content, you create another opportunity for people to find you. Helpful content can increase website traffic and convert visitors to new patients.
2. CONTENT PAYS OFF OVER TIME
Blog content keeps working for you long after it’s posted to your website. Your best traffic will often come from content you created months (or years) ago that people find in search.
3. MANY PEOPLE SKIM BLOG POSTS
Write your content in a “skimmable” format using:
- Bulleted lists to break up long paragraphs
- Main ideas as descriptive subheadings
- Images, graphs, and other visual elements and
- A list of key takeaways at the beginning or end of your article
4. OPTIMIZE YOUR BLOG TITLES AND HEADLINES
If the title of an article doesn’t catch your visitor’s attention, they won’t read it. Use proven formulas to create your blog titles, like the 4-U’s Formula.
Your blog title should be:
5. LONGER CONTENT GENERATES MORE TRAFFIC
Aim for 500-1000 words when you write a blog article. This length is more likely to rank higher on search and be shared on social media but is short enough to be engaging.
6. WRITING A BLOG POST SHOULD TAKE 2-3 HOURS
You can break this down into parts and write throughout your workday. Or break the writing process into a 3- or 4-day period of time.
7. BLOGS MAKE YOUR BUSINESS STAND OUT
Content helps people trust your practice, promote you, and makes you stand out online.
8. INCLUDE AT LEAST ONE MEDIA ITEM IN YOUR BLOG POST
It’s no surprise that articles that include media are consumed more than those with only plain text. Insert a relevant image or video into your blog post where appropriate to keep your articles fresh.
9. PEOPLE SHARE WHAT THEY CARE ABOUT
People are glad to share a post that talks about something they care about. Create content based around the challenges, needs, concerns, tips, tricks, or solutions of your patients.
10. MOST PEOPLE READ BLOGS (AND SUBSCRIBE TO A FEW)
Many internet users read blogs on a regular basis and get email newsletter updates. Follow the suggestions in this article and your patients will be glad to get your content.
11. PEOPLE READ 3-5 PIECES OF CONTENT BEFORE MAKING A DECISION
People want to know your practice before making a decision to become or continue as a patient. Brainstorm topics they would find helpful (or have asked you in the past). This creates a library of content that will increase the authority of your practice.
12. POST WEEKLY FOR BEST RESULTS
Blogs and articles posted weekly are much more likely to report a strong return on investment. It can pay back in term of visitors converting into happy patients and existing patients visiting your site on a regular basis.
13. SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION AND EMAIL ADD POWER TO YOUR BLOG
On-page SEO and email updates can have a significant payoff in website traffic, patient retention, and referrals.
Blogging is a great way to keep your patients engaged with your practice, particularly during times like these, where they cannot visit your office, in addition to all the other online benefits. Call 833.568.7792 or visit henryscheinone.com/officite to learn more about ways to stand out online.